Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk

 

Just took the mid-career retirement that covered FERS, TSP, and Social Security. I have 18 years until minimum retirement age (57) with 30 years of service (I will have near 35 + sick leave added to years of service). Im looking at taking the early out as soon as possible with 35-36% of average of the HIGH 3 salary. There are many considerations including waiting until full Social Security age to draw benefits, taking SS at first opportunity, the early out at 57 and drawing the supplement until 60, etc. Last I checked my PIP for 12 months was -5% but Im not worried and letting it ride. I changed my contribution to TSP max out this year at 19.5k; I have a current balance in TSP closer to 600K thanks to contributions, Sara's advice, and some good growth years. I can continue to fund ROTH via vanguard and the retirement advisor even described the backdoor IRA to ROTH conversion if income limitations were a factor. I feel like I am on track for a comfortable retirement assuming my family medical history doesn't put me in the ground earlier rather than later.

__._,_.___

Posted by: eleemin8r@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/06/tspstrategy-re-nearing-retirement-want_19.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk"

Post a Comment