Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk

 

I will be retired in October.  I never included the TSP in my retirement planning.  its just a place where I have some money.  I have seen a handful of really bad years over the past 20 years in and out oft he S fund.  My money has been in the S fund for the past 16 months and during that time I have put nearly $20k in the S fund.  I now have less money than where I was 16 months ago and my PIP is -6% (or more).  However, the S fund has always had a steady climb and has always been a good investment for those who are in it for the long haul.  I expect things may change, eventually, but I am expecting good things in the near future.  The market "volatility" phenomenon has been scary this past year, especially when you lose $50k in one day!!  I dont look at it anymore.  it just makes me sick, but it always comes back.  If only I knew when to pull out.  Could have also used that tid-bit of wisdom 35 years ago with my kids mom.

__._,_.___

Posted by: hodi dohhh <walterramjet@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/06/tspstrategy-re-nearing-retirement-want_13.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk"

Post a Comment