Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk

 

I have approximately 5 years left too until retirement and I increased my contributions to 16% 

Sent from my iPhone 

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:09 AM, bill_steele_sr@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Let me qualify my question by saying that I understand the disclaimer about this not being a place where advise is given in a licensed fiduciary manner- so I'm looking for Casual opinions and will not bear any ill will if I follow suggestions that turn out to be less than profitable.

With that said. I'm 5 years away from retirement. Should I keep going with this group's recommendations- currently "S" or should I move my money and park it in safer waters. The groups has a good track record, while the managed funds are not so good. If I stay with the group for 5 years and do well- and then the market tanks in 4 years, am I likely to earn enough for the loss to offset the dismal returns I'd get if I parked it in an L Fund?

I'm not versed in talking about this stuff so I hope my question makes sense. Bottom line- Where to put my money with 5 years to go. I'm also considering increasing my contribution from 10% to 15% for the final 5 years.   


__._,_.___

Posted by: "E. Roberta Chapin" <cricket3o3@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/06/re-tspstrategy-nearing-retirement-want_33.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk"

Post a Comment