Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk

 

I found a site on the web where you can request info about a retirement seminar near you.  Perhaps it will give you the info you need:



I worked for the Naval Academy for 35 years and HR there offered a seminar each year.  I attended my last 2 years.  I thought it was very informative.  Good luck!

On Jun 15, 2019, at 9:41 AM, LINDA Janik lijan613@bellsouth.net [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


When/where can you take this "TSP retirement class"?  I have never heard of such an opportunity.  I work for VA.

I am planning on retiring next year (tentative date on INDEPENDENCE DAY!).
I have been diversified in my TSP portfolio for as long as I can remember.  I do follow this group, but I'm putting "most" of my stock portion of investments in what Sarah recommends, not all of it in one fund.   My current allocation:  G: 30   F: 10  C: 10  S: 35  I: 15       I only recently (about 6 months ago) added the allocation to I fund to buy "low".  My 12-month PIP is -.27%   - even with all of the volatility last year (which I understand is more the "norm" for the stock market").   My balance in Sept 2018 was about $2k less than my current balance.    I contribute 10% a pay period.   I also have some money in an outside Roth IRA with Vanguard, and have been maxing out that IRA instead of contributing more to TSP.   I'm satisfied with my TSP balance right now.  At retirement, I'm not sure that I'll change the way I'm invested though.  I do have the help of a financial adviser who is working on my retirement plan.    My goal is to maintain ~$500k between the TSP and IRA at the  time of retirement (I'm there now!)     So, I'm curious about this "TSP retirement class" as well.


__._,_.___

Posted by: David Correll <davidcorrell@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (22)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/06/re-tspstrategy-re-nearing-retirement_15.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Nearing Retirement- want to reduce risk"

Post a Comment