Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Change in allocation 4 Nov

I don't write very often, I read and absorb from everyone.   I have been 50% C and 50% S for a  long time with an occasional pull back into G.  I resisted pulling out last March when my brain said to do it while I was on travel, but I didn't do it in time to avoid the big one day 10% losses.  I did pull out and got back in to save a few percentages of loss over the long haul. 

 

I am just trying to avoid the big downturn of a large reduction.  I am coming up on my MRA in two months and have a very good TSP along with my fed wife's, even though we have had to take money out for expenses and the penalty that comes with that.  If we hadn't had to do that we could have probably retired when we hit that time, but I have two kids that just started college so no.

 

Even when I retire I will have us in the market in a big way.  Its so easy to get out, so I have no problem doing so.  I want my retirement to grow, hopefully enough to pull out earnings vice too much principal. 

 

The roller coaster sometimes makes me ill as I do contemplate getting out when I think its at a high that won't hold, but I don't want to be caught on the sidelines.   

 

I don't do L funds and long ago I stopped following another system that was ridiculously stupid, like having a spread of 17, 13, 30, 15, 15 and then issuing a change that would be like 19, 16, 27, 13, 15.  I like the idea of doing either 100% or 50-50.  Easier to follow.

 

Thanks to all who post good information on this site and on other federal benefits as well.

 

Tony

 

 

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Change in allocation 4 Nov. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/11/re-tspstrategy-change-in-allocation-4_7.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Change in allocation 4 Nov"

Post a Comment