Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Congrats to everyone that stayed the course

Roman,
I wish to comment on the necessity of having a house paid off early.  I retired in 2016 a coupe years after a divorce.  At that time my house was within 5 years of being paid off using a 15 year mortgage.  The houses in my area rent for over $2000 per month.  My mortgage payment is $1100 and I have a 3% loan.  To me it made more sense to keep my cash for travel and fun (and necessities) rather than pay off the house with a big chunk.  It's good to pay off as much as you can while you're working but once that paycheck stops and isn't replaced in kind, it might be better to keep the cash handy and not be forced into taking out a loan on your home.  

And yes, I too rode out the storm and am very happy with the current status.  I'm actually at an all time high, just trying to figure out when it's time to put it all in G.  

From: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io> on behalf of Roman <romansmr2@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 9:23 AM
To: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TSPStrategy] Congrats to everyone that stayed the course
 

I will try hard not to move to G even close to retirement.  I believe the markets will always be on our side.  

I have my mind set that our pension is our G fund, bond like allocation which the amount is known for retirement.  My strategy is to pull out money from TSP only in years that are up.  When they are down I would not pull any money and if I have to, I will move the funds to a dividend fund or those ARKK funds which look to be managed very well with lots of transparency.  I have also been following Kathy from Ark Investments to get ideas on what business she is buying into her funds.

Want to pay off the house, just got a 15 year (dropped from 23 years) 4.0% to under 2% savings over 70K. 

 

Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Congrats to everyone that stayed the course. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/11/re-tspstrategy-congrats-to-everyone.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Congrats to everyone that stayed the course"

Post a Comment