Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Anyone Jumping Out of S?

 

Jim, I went to pretty much the same allocation before I went on vacation last month--10% each in S, C and I and 70% in G. Not that I am any role model to follow, based on my poor track performance in the past when I've wandered from this group.  Still, I'm hoping to latch onto whatever early retirement buyouts my agency might well be offering soon, and am playing it safer than might be "optimal" for a younger guy.

------ Original message------
From: JM Bud jmbud2@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy]
Date: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 5:38 PM
Cc:
Subject:Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Anyone Jumping Out of S?

 

To me, it feels like we've been on a long roller coaster that has just crested a really big hill. Those in the front car can see what's going to happen, but those in the back think there're still climbing! 

The 50- and 200-day moving averages sure don't back that up that feeling though. The I, C and S Funds have all been mostly floating well above their 200 day averages for over a year.

But with ~$1M in my TSP and less than a year to retirement, I started moving out of equities 2 months ago when momentum slowed, down to just 10% in I and C now. 

I can afford to wait until November to begin moving some funds back in, or sooner if we get a long overdue 3-5% correction. 

I can also understand why others like to hold on and enjoy the long ride. It's exciting to see the ~1% rise this market seems to churn out month after month.

Jim

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:38 PM, timedtrade@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I am seriously considering it, but I think that the chart seems to indicate we should move higher short term.  Sarah, do you agree with that?


__._,_.___

Posted by: "oldbuoy@comcast.net" <oldbuoy@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Anyone Jumping Out of S?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/09/re-tspstrategy-re-anyone-jumping-out-of_15.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Anyone Jumping Out of S?"

Post a Comment