Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Miss the good old days in Tsp strategy 2012

Just curious if anyone can provide their thoughts on the effect of the recent inflation data in regards to the S and C funds. Last week I followed the TSP group's guidance and went all in. Anyone concerned?
Thanks so much!
Kevin




On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 7:45 PM, Mike VanAmburgh <mjv325@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think I'd mind the taxes on $8000 RMDs. Ha!

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 6:26 PM Del Brett <bretdelman@msn.com> wrote:
If that's regular TSP that's gonna be a bummer on taxes when you are forced by minimum distributions to take out 8000 a month lol.






-------- Original message --------
From: "Damian Cotto via groups.io" <damian.cotto=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 11/10/21 6:17 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [TSPStrategy] Miss the good old days in Tsp strategy 2012

Mike, 

I have 20 years of federal service now. The 2.3 million is before the C/S allocation sir. Anything above 10% would be gravy. 

Respectfully, 

Damian Cotto

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 19:04, Mike VanAmburgh <mjv325@gmail.com> wrote:

 Is that with the mix you currently have or after you change to C and S? That would be nice to retire with that balance! I want to retire at age 58 which would put me at 17 years of service. I don't think it's going to be enough years to get to a million but hopefully $800k is possible.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Damian Cotto via groups.io <damian.cotto=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been estimating that with 125,000 as my pay, 20 years of service left and a 10% return rate, I should have 2.3 million in the account by 62. 

Respectfully, 

Damian Cotto

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 18:25, Mike VanAmburgh <mjv325@gmail.com> wrote:

I've also been 50C/50S since 2016. I started federal employment in 2014 and was doing C S and I until the I Fund became too volatile. 

The L Funds aren't designed to be mixed, since they are already a mix of the five main funds. The L Funds also have way too much invested in G, F and I for my preference. Another thing I don't like about them is they convert more to G and time goes on, with the mindset that you should accept less risk as you near retirement. 

I will likely remain 50C/50S until I die. There will be downturns, but I'm ok with riding them out. I'm ok with accepting the 'risk'. 

Mike



On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 4:49 PM MD2018 via groups.io <rlkane.wc=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
With 20 years to go just go 50% S and 50% C and forget about it. Don't know your personal situation, i.e. home, children, college, but try to maximize your  contribution to maximum allowed, then add to IRA's including Roth, and pay down your debt. Being debt free when you retire will liberate you and give you freedom to do want you want to do. 

Richard

On Nov 10, 2021, at 5:35 PM, Damian Cotto via groups.io <damian.cotto=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

 I currently have my contributions allocated 
L2055 10%
L2050 15%
C Fund 60%
S Fund 15% 

My personal investment performance is 18.87% for the last 12 months. 

I have another 20 years of investing. Any advice? 


Respectfully, 

Damian Cotto

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 17:14, Del Brett <bretdelman@msn.com> wrote:


You can go to tsp.gov and type in any date and it will tell you your balance.



Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Miss the good old days in Tsp strategy 2012. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/11/re-tspstrategy-miss-good-old-days-in_11.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Miss the good old days in Tsp strategy 2012"

Post a Comment