Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

RE: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Is Leaving the TSP a Good Idea?

 

I personally like the possibility of a mutual fund window for the TSP. If the implementation costs aren't exorbitant, I intend to use the maximum amount possible for that in my account.

Allen

On May 29, 2015 7:20 AM, "mbaldwin1958 mbaldwin1958@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

In addition,  I strongly would appreciate the ability to change my monthly withdrawal amount more frequently than just once a year.  I haven't begun withdrawals yet, but I am retired for almost a year now and it probably won't be much longer.   However,  if I'm withdrawing say at a 4% rate and we go into what looks like a big bear, I'd like the ability to decrease or even stop my withdrawals for awhile,  till things get better.  I don't intend to let my finances get to the point where my pension income doesn't support our budget without TSP withdrawals,  but the TSP is our buffer or life raft for unforseen circumstances. More withdrawal flexibility is definitely needed with TSP.


Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "rmcneill55@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]"
Date:05/28/2015 17:37 (GMT-05:00)
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Is Leaving the TSP a Good Idea?

 

Let me say I am not a very Savvy investor. I talked to Schwab and vanguard and the trade restriction and fees could get out of hand real quick. For me personnaly what the TSP currently offers is adequate. My only issue would be that since I am retired (2.5 yrs now) I can not take a lump sum out each year if I wanted. I know I can up my monthly payments each year but that is just to restrictive. ( and I feel a lot of retirees feel the same)
If the TSP board would allow retirees to take a lump sum once a year like we can do with changing monthly amounts, I believe that would stop it of people from withdrawing their entire amount and going with a public firm. JMHO

__._,_.___

Posted by: Allen Green <gtwhitegold@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul RE: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Is Leaving the TSP a Good Idea?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/05/re-tspstrategy-re-is-leaving-tsp-good_28.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "RE: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Is Leaving the TSP a Good Idea?"

Post a Comment