Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Increase in SS Benefits for Feds?

 

I said IMO (in my opinion).  A person who maxed out CSRS with 41 years 11 months would get 80% of their high 3.

After 42 years under FERS you get about 46%.  Sure, you get SS (if it's still around) and tsp match... But, I'd rather have the 34% extra guaranteed for life.

So, I do call that a windfall for most CSRS retirees over most FERS employees.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2016, at 3:59 PM, William Frieler crs1306@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Back to the original post - CSRS retirees are already receiving a windfall.

Please explain to me how I am receiving a "windfall"?  I worked under social security for almost 20 years, plus my military time. Are you saying that I don't deserve anything in return for my 24 years of contributions into Social Security? Does this mean that I should receive the same benefit that a person with only covered earnings receives? No, I agree that some adjustment needs to be made when calculating the amount of my Social Security benefit. The problem being addressed by HR 711 is that, when implemented, the WEP/GPO used a worse case, one size fits all, formula to calculate a reduced benefit. HR 711 does not repeal the WEP - it is just going to change the formula used to calculate the reduction to one that is more fair.




From: "Mike Tucker tuckerm83@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] Increase in SS Benefits for Feds?

 
*don't* contribute...

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:35 PM, Mike Tucker tuckerm83@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
CSRS Feds also doesn't contribute to social security. Given the option, most FERS folks would rather have CSRS instead 😉 I would certainly rather take my OASDI taxes and put them in TSP.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:45 AM, sarah_oz@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I love how it's called, "The Equal Treatment of Public Servants Act."  Yet, nowhere does it mention turning FERS into CSRS.  IMO CSRS retirees are already receiving a windfall.

FERS receive matching contributions, a pension, and social security.
CSRS receive a pension. No matching contributions and no social security.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jspowell99 <jspowell99@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Increase in SS Benefits for Feds?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2016/03/re-tspstrategy-increase-in-ss-benefits_49.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Increase in SS Benefits for Feds?"

Post a Comment