Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] TSP Withdrawal Strategies

 

I think there must be some confusion here.  I retired after 32 years of Federal Service. I am a CSRS/Offset employee.  I receive my CSRS pension every month, minus the offset for Social Security, plus my full SS annuity.  In total, this ends up being about $650 per month more than if I just had a straight CSRS benefit.  I don't touch my TSP, which continues (hopefully) to increase in value until I turn 72 and I'm forced to take a minimum withdrawal from every month.  I don't see how having to withdraw money from your TSP every month once you retire, or in a lump sum, is the better of the two retirement plans.  Even without being Offset, CSRS still looks better to me. Am I missing something?
 



On Friday, March 25, 2016 6:30 AM, "Frank cafe.ristretto@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Del Bret, I agree with you and plan to do the same or at least withdraw from the TSP an amount equal to a comparably paid CSRS colleague.  

My questions to the group concerns withdrawal strategies.  Using the TSP withdrawal calculator (under planning and tools), what percentage can you safely withdraw funds from your account? 3%, 4% or 5% of the total balance?  

Another way to ask this question is how much do you need in your TSP account in order to pay yourself $1000 (gross) per month (for 40 years).  Do you need $200k,  $300k, or somewhere in between?  

Has anyone played with the TSP withdrawal calculator.  Is it considered an accurate calculator.  

I recently had a conversation with a financial adviser who recomended an account balance of $1million in order to pay out $1000 dollars per month.  Which would be a 1.2% withdrawal rate.  To me this is a ridiculously low withdrawal rate and reminds me of the brokerage / boiler room mentality of getting the client to deposit money but never allow clients to make withdrawals.    

Frank
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:47 PM, "del brett bretdelman@msn.com [TSP_Strategy]"<TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I plan to get a check each month from TSP that's larger than the checks my CSRS friends that are still alive get so
How can CSRS be as good?  Back at the beginning I thought CSRS was best and it probably was until you figure in TSP.
 
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 
From: sarah_oz@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:16 PM
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] Increase in SS Benefits for Feds?
 
 
Most all of my CSRS friends retire and actually, you know, retire.  Most all of my FERS friends retired right after they got another job lined up.

Is it possible that your CSRS friends are older and do not wish to work, while your FERS friends are younger and are looking to supplement their income?


__._,_.___

Posted by: Rick Harris <cmoreparks@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] TSP Withdrawal Strategies. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2016/03/re-tspstrategy-tsp-withdrawal-strategies.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] TSP Withdrawal Strategies"

Post a Comment