Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] TCP vs. 403B mine vs. hers

 

My opinion is that there is no "One size fits all" type of solution.  Everybody has different risk level and knowledge in equity trading strategy.  However, if you ask just my choice between TSP vs. IRA (out side of TSP), I'd prefer out side of TSP unless TSP changes some of the current restrictions on IFTs.
 
Low overhead cost in TSP is great, but there is no true diversification of your assets compare to what you can have in IRA (out side of TSP).  Especially, volatile days like past couple of weeks, if you had some assets out side of TSP, you could have placed some hedging against the market downturn to preserve your capital.  Just remember this: Friends don't tell their friends that "Stocks are for a long term investment, so just buy and hold".     

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM, 'Silva, David J CIV' david.j.silva@uscg.mil [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

My wife of 15 years is ten years further from retirement than I am. I could go in a couple early 2018.

 

As a teacher she has a 403B with ING.  The school retirement planning person is also offering a ROTH.

 

I've always said that we should  just  use the TSP as it's more flexible, cheaper, and in our case, available sooner.

But before I say that again I thought I'd check with the group to make sure I am not wring (I'm wrong a lot)

 

Of course arguments can be made based on the health of the marriage but assuming that is not a factor, are we better off to just feed my TSP?

 

Thanks

 

Dave


__._,_.___

Posted by: Paul <ur12bfriend@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] TCP vs. 403B mine vs. hers. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/08/re-tspstrategy-tcp-vs-403b-mine-vs-hers.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] TCP vs. 403B mine vs. hers"

Post a Comment