Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Substantially Equal Payments (penalty free early withdrawl of TSP)

 

Does anyone have any experience with this? It's done using Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 72 part t. The most popular provision of this code section, (actually IRC Section 72(t)(2)(A)(iv)), is known as a Series of Substantially Equal Periodic Payments – SOSEPP for short.

I'm considering taking an early retirement as we have the authority for a voluntary early retirement. I can't make it work on my FER pension alone, so I would need to being early withdrawals from TSP.

There are a number of ways to do the calculation and that's what is confusing me. I'm married, but I have life insurance so if I died, my wife wouldn't need to continue the withdrawals. Should I just use the single life expectancy then?

Once you figure the life expectancy calculation method, then you have to determine the Distribution Method: Required Minimum distributions, Fixed Amortization, or Fixed annuitization. Again, I'm not sure which one to use.

Thanks for your guidance/help!

__._,_.___

Posted by: admranger <admranger@earthlink.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Substantially Equal Payments (penalty free early withdrawl of TSP). Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/04/tspstrategy-substantially-equal.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Substantially Equal Payments (penalty free early withdrawl of TSP)"

Post a Comment