Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Re: NON-TSP Subject: High Performance ETFs

 

I have no idea if its topped out.  Again TNA is a leveraged 3x ETF that mimics the Russell 200.  The Russell 2000 is similar the TSP S Fund.  I defer to Sarah as to when the S fund will top.


TNA was not recommended to me.  You can do a Google search on leveraged ETFs  and you will find there is much to choose from.  Regarding the S fund you can get the IWM which mimics the S fund (Russell 200) pretty much exactly.  Or you can get one that doubles it, or triples it (TNA).  The same goes for the C fund (S&P 500) or the I Fund.   


I was familiar with the C, S. and I being in the TSP for all the years I worked for the Federal Gvt.   Last year when I retired my broker (TD Ameritrade)  had an offer where if I rolled over my TSP to an IRA with them they would give me a $1000 bonus (tax free as the bonus was deposited to the IRA).  Plus they would give me free investing courses through their education affiliate, Investools.    Seemed like a no brainer to me and I am glad it did it.  Still learning a lot about fundamental and technical analysis.  Started out trading SPY (S&P 500) and IWM because that's what I was familiar with from the TSP.  One benefit I had in the IRA was there was no monthly limit on trades, although I don't trade that much its a good feeling to know that I am not locked for the rest of the month.  I then found out about the leveraged ETFs and thought why not double or triple my gains and started trading them. 


Important warning:  the leveraged ETFs are two edged swords.  TNA will go up three times as much but will also go down three times as much.  If you think small caps are still in an upward trend then ultimately its worth it.  Its just that the short term peaks and troughs are higher and lower.  Do you like riding the big roller coasters?   


If the market should go into an overall down trend there are inverse ETFS that are available these major indices also.  You are essentially shorting the market.   In those times all that's available in the TSP is the G Fund or Bond Fund.



__._,_.___

Posted by: gmbetz@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Re: NON-TSP Subject: High Performance ETFs. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/03/tspstrategy-re-non-tsp-subject-high_25.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Re: NON-TSP Subject: High Performance ETFs"

Post a Comment