Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Catch-up contributions

 

I'll turn 50 next year, so I'll be eligible for the extra $6000 catch-up contribution. I already max out my regular contributions and plan to do the catch-up as well. I'm assuming some folks on this group have done this and can offer some guidance. I want to make sure I do this correctly, but I am also likely facing another wrinkle: I will probably only be working until August or September (ah, the life of a Foreign Service spouse). So, I have to structure my regular deductions to max out by September (yes, I'll miss the matching contributions for the rest of the year) - this I can calculate.

Reading over the documentation on TSP's site, it states "To be eligible to make catch-up contributions, you must be: age 50 or older during the calendar year in which the catch-up contributions are made (even if you become age 50 on December 31 of that year)."

Does this mean I can start the catch-up contributions in PP01 even though I won't turn 50 for a few months? If so, that would definitely make it easier to calculate that portion.

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance on this.
Neal

__._,_.___

Posted by: Neal Makely <elglin@rocketmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Catch-up contributions. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/11/tspstrategy-catch-up-contributions.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Catch-up contributions"

Post a Comment