Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Why I fund

 

Thank you Sarah.  You rock!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 11, 2018, at 8:55 PM, sarah_oz@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

1. Has anyone received any emails from Sally?

She hasn't contacted me.

2. Is anybody ready to freak out, seek shelter, and dump everything in G???  Several of the top analysts in the world have called for a 40% "correction" in US based common stock over the next 12 to 18 months….


The article predicts a decline during the next 2 to 3 years.  I would agree with that assessment.
Market collapses tend to occur between late Aug and early Oct.

3. Being old and having lived through the Housing bubble, the Dot com bubble, the Telecom bubble, etc., I have a special appreciation for overinflated, unsustainable bubbles.  The US stock market over the past 8 years appears to be just that.


I would agree that US markets are fully valued.  Asian and European markets are not, IMHO.

4. Interesting fact - Over the last 7 week period (from Friday 19 January through Friday 9 March) the best performing TSP Fund was .... the G Fund.

Yes, we have just experienced a correction (10% or more).

5. We think that we are insulated when we buy into C and S, but we are not.

Equities involve risk.  That said, they generally outperform all other types of investments long term.  The G fund also involves risk - that of failing to keep up with inflation.

6. No matter how far your stocks go down, I guess if you hold them for 100 years they will eventually come back.  Unless the company files for bankruptcy that is.


We aren't invested in specific companies, but rather, in indices. To date, none of the indices have ever filed for bankruptcy.

7. I would rather not ride along with a massive downturn, but to each his own.


I agree. I would also not want to sit in the G fund for 5 years waiting for a downturn, while the markets continue to move significantly higher. An error is an error, in either direction..

8. Sarah - please know I appreciate all your advice, efforts & free advice. 

What are your thoughts on what to do right now regarding what these major predictions are saying?


l agree that a major downturn could occur during the next 2-3 years.  However, I don't agree that sitting in the G fund today is wise. We just experienced a 10% correction and should rise out of it short-term. I agree that US markets are fully valued.  I don't agree that international markets are fully valued.  I also see USD continuing to fall which should benefit the I fund.  In other words, no change for me.


__._,_.___

Posted by: A'ndrea Emery <aemery04@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (69)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Why I fund. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/03/re-tspstrategy-why-i-fund_83.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Why I fund"

Post a Comment