Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Re: Stock indicators

 

Jared,

I wish that I had some wisdom for you. As you must already know, I am a contrarian and have been skeptical about this market for a long time. However, my indicators haven't supported my caution and I have stayed fully invested for a very long time. While the market is impossible to predict with confidence, I find that Martin Zweig's methods provide a general framework for longer term (several month time scale or longer) forecasting of major moves.

His two statements were, "Don't fight the Fed," and "The trend is your friend." He never went against the longer term trend. Right now, the Fed has been raising its interest rates slowly enough to render that part of Zweig's model neutral. On the other hand, the trend is up, according to my indicators. I place his model at neutral, but the last indication (years ago by now) was upward. So that has not changed. The next turning point will obviously be downward but I do not know when that will be.

Sarah as I remember is a very skilled trend analyst. So I would continue to go with her recommendations.

There are some recent contrarian news indicators, including one on the front page of the Washington Post regarding people "splurging" because their 401Ks are up strongly. I will withhold my comments on such attitudes, except to say that this is the type of thing that one sees at a market top - intermediate or otherwise.

Ultimately, I am looking for an inverted yield curve before I sell out, but as you pointed out, that seems not to be happening. Gold is hitting 6 month highs, the dollar is hitting lows, and oil is hitting highs. If this continues, then we might be seeing a significant inflection point.

So listen to Sarah. I will speak up if I see something interesting.

Good luck.
Tex

__._,_.___

Posted by: mrweyl@hotmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Re: Stock indicators. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/01/tspstrategy-re-stock-indicators.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Re: Stock indicators"

Post a Comment