Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] 5 Retirement Questions + a few tips I learned along the way

 

Hi all. Couple things I learned retiring at my MRA this last December 31st. (Note: I am a FERs annuitant)

1. You will not receive you full FERs benefit right off the bat. In my case I received one reduced payment of around 60% of my calculated total on Feb 1st

2. Being a DoD employee I was also entitled to the FERs supplement which I did not receive until my fully adjudicated retirement determination by OPM (March 1st payment)

3. ADJUDICATION (by the OPM) can take many months depending factors such as military time, breaks in service etc...mine was done by EOM Feb

4. My BENEFEDS vision and dental deductions were not yet in my March payment; therefore you must pay manually in that time frame. BENEFEDS DOES accept EFT Check payments for these interim payment(s). (This is not widely known!)

5. You will receive a letter from TSP about 2 weeks after your retirement date. You can decide then if you want to wait or begin various forms of payments available.

Loving retirement and look forward to being an active member of the Group.

Jan Janigian
Zjan2001@yahoo.com

JJ


__._,_.___

Posted by: zjan2001@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] 5 Retirement Questions + a few tips I learned along the way. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/03/tspstrategy-5-retirement-questions-few.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] 5 Retirement Questions + a few tips I learned along the way"

Post a Comment