Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Gold is doomed

 





Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4


-------- Original message --------
From: "William Lewis moocf16@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 07/30/2015 6:11 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: "brigsy130 brigsy130@yahoo.com" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Gold is doomed

 

Ken, 
I don't get it.  I've never heard anyone mention brass before.  Care to share your expertise?
Thanks
Will

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 30, 2015, at 19:06, "brigsy130 brigsy130@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Thanks. I have a small collection. As a former Marine, with brass I can get gold...lol. 

Thanks for catching the reference.

Cheers, 
Ken



Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "David Gordon david@digitaldata.us [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 07/30/2015 7:24 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Gold is doomed

 

Kenneth,

I hope I am not the only one who got your reference about brass.  I have been collecting "processed" brass for quite a while.  I am also investing in its method of conveyance.

David

On 07/30/2015 09:57 AM, Kenneth Briggs brigsy130@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] wrote:
 

I think you both bring up a great point: don't put all your eggs in one basket. Personally I wouldn't buy tangible gold (not securities) as a hedge against a failed state, but, rather, as a hedge against inflation. It never hurts to invest in appreciable commodities, but art, property, etc. have those same benefits. I good asset mix is key.

FWIW, the 1980-2007 0% growth is arbitrary. How about 1970-1980 with 845% ROI? The historical chart shows gold generally depreciates during a recession and experiences a precipitous growth in value during recovery, only to come back down (which is where we are right now). Using my eyeballs, unless we're IN a recession, decide to stock up on gold, and then SELL on the subsequent post-recession run-up securing capital gains (0% tax, no?), then holding for the apocalypse is not a good bet. But buying when it's low and selling when it's high is a no brainer. If it hits $700, I'd buy some for sure but I wouldn't empty my nest egg to do it.

Just my $.02.

.


__._,_.___

Posted by: powdergeez <powdergeez@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (30)
Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Gold is doomed. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/07/re-tspstrategy-re-gold-is-doomed_31.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Gold is doomed"

Post a Comment