Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Crazy start to the year!

I left my wife and I in the tsp with my 50-50 contribution split between C & S when the group moved to G.  Last time I was out was in the spring but after some of the big down days.  As I was on travel, ironically in LA , in March.  So I was behind in hours and unsure of pulling out.  My wife was approaching $950K and I was in the high $800Ks right before March.  And that is with having to take hardship money in the past 5 years.  I was feeling good. 

Then sometime in late Spring both of us were in the $600Ks. Went back in and between our contributions and earnings we have both eclipsed $1.1M  as of today and that includes care act withdrawals for each of us.  

I just reached my FERS MRA with 33 years and my wife will be at MRA with 30 years in the spring. But just sent two kids to college so retirement is out for at least 4 years unless maybe another 30% growth in the next couple of years. 

I struggle with the pull out and protect or do I miss out.  I also missed out because I didn't go full 100% S when the group did. Did the 50-50 thing. 

I remember in 1999-2000 when you couldn't get in or out in less than 4-6 weeks. Now it's one day.  I plan to be in the market during retirement again because getting out is so easy.  

I have followed this group since before the Great Recession. I thank all of you that talk advice. Thanks Sara.  

Lastly. I use to think that $1M was my ultimate goal.  Now I am thinking $1.5M!  For each of us. 


Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Crazy start to the year!. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/02/re-tspstrategy-crazy-start-to-year_98.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Crazy start to the year!"

Post a Comment