Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Roth TSP RMD

 

Incorrect unless 100% withdraw.  Tsp at this time are not allow you to separate withdraw from traditional and Roth..  The withdrawal is equally share the same % base on your tsp balance.  So the best way to avoid RMD is re-deposit to Roth IRA the same amount.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2017, at 7:41 AM, Lindalyc@aol..com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I believe you can soon after you leave the service, or one time when you reach 59 1/2 age (off top of my head). do a direct rollover.

Can I transfer my Roth TSP to a roth IRA penalty free at any time?



-----Original Message-----
From: 'tsp' tsp@pcpco.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: TSP_Strategy <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 28, 2017 7:38 am
Subject: [TSP_Strategy] Roth TSP RMD

 
Hi tsp strategy
I have a thought and question similar to the re-investing thread, but with a twist so I'm posting separately. I've been enjoying traditional TSP tax deferred contributions over my federal career. Now that I'm 10 years from retirement, and am unsure of what tax bracket I'll be in at retirement, I decided to only invest in the roth tsp, in an attempt to have an equal amount in both the roth and traditional tsp accounts upon retirement.
 
After reading the other thread and doing some research, I have 2 considerations: (1) Assuming I live until 70, TSP will require RMDs from both of my TSP traditional and Roth accounts. https://www..tsp.gov/PDF/formspubs/tsp-775.pdf. However, if I stop investing in the Roth TSP now, and invest that money instead in a Roth IRA outside of TSP, then no RMDs will be required from that account until I die, thus allowing that investment to continue to grow http://www.rothira.com/roth-ira-required-minimum-distribution-rmd. This would seem to lessen the TSP's RMD impact. (2) question - Can I transfer my Roth TSP to a roth IRA penalty free at any time? If not, it would seem to make sense to stop all TSP roth investing now, and instead put that money in a Roth IRA outside of TSP. Obviously as a FERS employee I need to keep investing 5% in TSP to receive the match. And I'm aware that the TSP is a very low cost investment option.
 
Thanks for your thoughts
John
 
 
 
From: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 4:33 PM
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] re-investing
 
 
a consideration I have just thought of.
1) i'm allowed to contribute to IRA's until age 70.5 (two short years away)
2) distributions from TSP get taxed.
3) If i deposit part or all of the distribution into an existing IRA
4) then re-deposit it into TSP using TSP-60 forms
5) do I get taxed on it _again_ when it is distributed again?
6) do i just take another Kaua'i vacation instead and visit the children, add a Photovoltaic array and buy an EV instead.
7) S fund _UP_ ~.064% today
8) have had a Schwab acct since around 1981-82 so don't need a "free Robinhood" acct
 

From: "Mike VanAmburgh mjv325@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] re-investing
 
 
Or open a free RobinHood account and use it to buy Vanguard ETFs. I've been playing around with RobinHood for stock trading and it works rather well, especially for being free. There are drawbacks of the free account such as funds holding but it works great for the little that I play around with it.
 
Mike
 
 
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:47 PM, romansmr2@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Good question, 
 
I am not there yet but some ideas which I have not researched but could be possible solutions.  
 
1) Transferring the minimum withdrawal to buy rental property, gift it to your children, buy dividend stocks, buy bonds, an annuity?
 
Keep us updated on what you decide to do.
 
 
Roman

On Oct 27, 2017, at 9:45 AM, robert winfield winfield100@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
"can't contribute if you don't work, you can do transfer "
that is my question, can i transfer from an outside IRA to a TSP account using
the form looks vague enough that it seems feasible
 

From: "DON LE donle0230@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: "TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] re-investing
 
 
can't contribute if you don't work, you can do transfer 
 
On ‎Friday‎, ‎October‎ ‎27‎, ‎2017‎ ‎08‎:‎59‎:‎23‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, robert winfield winfield100@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
 
 
I am rapidily approaching the age limited 70.5, must start "required minimum distributions" RMD's
 
due to quite frugal living, luck, etc. I don't really want to start doing as much as I will be required to, and since TSP (presently i think) is heritable by my spouse and children i have some thoughts.
I and my spouse have an IRA established 20-30 years ago.
I'm thinking about using TSP form 60
 
"THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN TSP-60 Request for a transfer __into__ the tsp"
 
I'm unsure if I still can contribute cash into an IRA, then use TSP-60 to transfer into either my spouses or my TSP.
This upon initial thinking would meet my RMD's withdrawal requirements, but keep portions of the cash back into TSP and I have TSP set up for 100% contributions into S fund at present.
 
I welcome any thoughts upon this
 
 
 

__._,_.___

Posted by: H Nguyen <firsteodhn@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Roth TSP RMD. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/10/re-tspstrategy-roth-tsp-rmd_19.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Roth TSP RMD"

Post a Comment