Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance

Paul- You still pay for basic FEGLI until age 65.  It's free after 65 but gets reduced until you have 25% left which stays at that level for free the rest of your life. Not bad but not a huge amount.


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Machiele <machiele.p@gmail.com>
To: TSPStrategy@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Apr 8, 2021 6:19 pm
Subject: Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance

Yep, but if you have a chance to pick up FEGLI basic 5 years before retirement, the I think it's free after that. 


On Apr 8, 2021, at 5:43 PM, Bryan Gardner <Bryubpharm@gmail.com> wrote:


Still much younger in my career, but ditched the basic option as it had climbed to $690/yr for 1/10the coverage of my term life which is good thru 61 with the option to convert to whole life if I want.  I plan to be able to self fund  and have no liabilities at that point.  

Unless there is a pre-existing condition outside term is far cheaper.  In my own scenario over 30 year career the difference it adds up to $10k extra.



On Thu, Apr 8, 2021, 5:24 PM Paul Machiele <machiele.p@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been happy with WAEPA for years for term life insurance. However, as I near retirement I will like drop it, as the premiums rise and my needs decline. The one thing to hang onto into retirement if you had it prior to retirement is the free portion of FEGLI.
> On Apr 8, 2021, at 11:03 AM, DENNIS GRANT <dgrantrescue@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have recently retired and I remember reading on here about some various life insurance options instead of FGLI. Can someone please assist with what you are using? Thanks
>
>
>
>
>





_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#2446) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [prefander.leadersworkshop@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/04/re-tspstrategy-life-insurance_9.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance"

Post a Comment