Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance

Is there an open season when you can drop your insurance after your in retirement to avoid the big increases that come with some of the options on certain years?   I believe the rates jump up big at 60?

John




On Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:21 AM, Tony B. <tonybmail@gmail.com> wrote:

I currently have outside life insurance 20 year term policy through USAA for 500k for 20 years to cover my kid growing up if something were to happen.  Also have FEGLI at a lower amount. 

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 8:33 AM <eljosco@mail.com> wrote:
I also had "outside" term life, which was initiated when I was younger and had a very young family. It was $500K w/ annual cost of $360, 20 year term with convertible option. Then picked up FEGLI during last open season to make sure I have it to carry through retirement. Total FEGLI premium cost over the entire term (with the 75% reduction) is less than the final payout. Totally recommend this strategy for younger generation - only difference is outside term life will require health exam (so do while you're young) and FEGLI doesn't require one.



On 4/8/21 at 5:24 PM, Paul Machiele wrote:

> I've been happy with WAEPA for years for term life insurance. However, as I near retirement I will like drop it, as the premiums rise and my needs decline. The one thing to hang onto into retirement if you had it prior to retirement is the free portion of FEGLI.
> > On Apr 8, 2021, at 11:03 AM, DENNIS GRANT <dgrantrescue@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have recently retired and I remember reading on here about some various life insurance options instead of FGLI. Can someone please assist with what you are using? Thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>






Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/04/re-tspstrategy-life-insurance_52.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Life insurance"

Post a Comment