Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: outside TSP account

 

I IFT'd to C and S in mid October when it dipped. When I see at least a 2% gain, I like to lock it in instead of riding the wave back down. Sometimes I do it too early and frustratingly sit in G while watching C and S go back up, and occasionally I get too greedy and the market dips back down before I get back out. Most of the time, I get lucky with the timing. Even if do get stuck in a downturn (wait too long to switch to G), I ride it out until next time. I'm not implying everyone should do this and it's what all the advisors say that you shouldn't do, but it's been working well for me. It involves watching the market at least once a day. I have an alarm set for half hour prior to deadline time (noon EST) so that I have time to make moves if needed.

The set it and forget it strategy works too, but I truly believe there are more gains to be had by strategically IFT'ing. As I mentioned, advisors say don't do it but I just have to see for myself for a while. I'm early in the game, so I don't have a huge account balance to lose... yet.  :)

Mike



On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 9:21 AM, scsi_guru@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Can I ask what you are seeing in the markets that's triggering a move to G?


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mike VanAmburgh <mjv325@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: outside TSP account. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2016/11/re-tspstrategy-re-outside-tsp-account_67.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: outside TSP account"

Post a Comment