Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Off Topic: FERS and Social Security- Penalty?

Thx for that Correct info John!!

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 1:37 PM John <sammyshanker@gmail.com> wrote:
I used to work at SSA as a service representative, a Title 2 & Title 16 claims representative, and a operations supervisor.  The SSA rep your wife spoke to was incorrect. FERS pensions are covered by FICA, so they will not reduce the Social Security benefit.  Good luck!

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020, 1:00 PM bill_steele_sr via groups.io <bill_steele_sr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK. My wife just got off the phone after asking some questions of a National Social Security Rep.

Well, my wife is eligible to collect her Late Husband's S.S (they were married 30 years, and she was over 60 when we married). She is currently collecting his FERS widow's pension, and has been for several years. She will retire in a few years and start Social Security

It was my understanding that as a FERS employee there was NOT a penalty (S.S. reduction) when S.S. factored in the Fed pension.

Anyway- The S.S. rep told her that under FERS there IS a Penalty / Reduction to her expected monthly S.S. payment due to her late husband's pension.

I told my wife that this information is counter to everything I've read on the subject. I told her I'd ask here in the group, to which she replied, "I hope someone there is smarter than the Social Security Rep". (I'm also hoping the same thing)

Thanks!

--
Dave

Sent via Gmail from my iPhone
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1927) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [prefander.leadersworkshop@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Off Topic: FERS and Social Security- Penalty?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/12/re-tspstrategy-off-topic-fers-and_22.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Off Topic: FERS and Social Security- Penalty?"

Post a Comment