Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Trickiest Retirement Decision

When I retired from the Houston VA, in Aug2017 (think Hurricane Harvey), I had Standard Option (which is Hi option really) MHBP and Medicare A. I picked up Part B a few months after retirement. The deal there is I have to use Medicare (AB) as primary but MHBP picks up all coinsurance, copays, and deductibles. They won't do this with the Consumer Option.

If I wanted to use a non-medicare doc, which I have never found necessary, that would be no problem. I would just have to pay the 15% above MC allowable for that service after MHBP pays. There is a law that limits providers to this amount if they accept any FEHB payment at all. When you chat up these things with your FEHB rep, they can give you information which you can use to enlighten provider's billing agents, many of whom are painfully ignorant.

I pay $156/mo for MHBP and $148/mo for MC/B. I have a lot of medical expenses, but these docs and nurses are keeping me walkin, and talkin, and independent. I just love walking out of the doctor's office and not having any costs at all--just "have a good day Mr Morrison!"
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#2545) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [prefander.leadersworkshop@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Trickiest Retirement Decision. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/06/re-tspstrategy-trickiest-retirement_53.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Trickiest Retirement Decision"

Post a Comment