Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Amount Needed to Retire Comfortably

 

When I retired 2 1/2 yes ago, I found that my take home pay was almost $800 a month than when I was working.   Of course, I had been contributing $1000 per paycheck to my TSP, so....  Still, it was an overall net increase,  since my state doesn't tax fed retirement,  reduction in my FEGLI premiums and other things.   I just recently began $750 monthly TSP withdrawals.   Wife is still working,  but this is probably her last year.  Retirement is great, I highly recommend it!!


Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "Scotty Cox sjcx@cableone.net [TSP_Strategy]"
Date:04/02/2017 6:17 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: TSP Strategy
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Amount Needed to Retire Comfortably

 

I recently averaged my monthly take home pay for 2016. I then added my FERs pension+FERs Supplement and the income generated from my TSP(as of today) if I rolled it into a Vanguard income fund(Wellington) and what the current yield would produce monthly. I also have a Roth and taxable account that produce monthly income. I subtracted what my health insurance would cost as well as income tax based on retiring at 59.5, I'm almost 46. I'll bring home 400+ more dollars a month in retirement than what I currently do even working overtime every week without withdrawing any principal. 


From: "Jay Stevenson ajayon@msn.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: "TSP Strategy" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2017 11:43:11 PM
Subject: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Amount Needed to Retire Comfortably

 

Years ago I read a book on amount needed for retirement which used the following: say you wanted to replace your salary of $60,000 a year at 100%, at a 4% withdrawal rate you would need $1.5 million saved and from that figure you would subtract any defined pension and social security benefits. If your defined pension would be $18,000 a year and another $18,000 from Social security for a total of $36,000 a year. This would mean you only need to save $600,000, enough to replace the the rest $24,000 at 4% withdrawal rate. If you wish to only replace 70% to 80% of current salary, numbers would reduce.


__._,_.___

Posted by: mbaldwin1958 <mbaldwin1958@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Amount Needed to Retire Comfortably. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/04/re-tspstrategy-re-amount-needed-to_84.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] Re: Amount Needed to Retire Comfortably"

Post a Comment