Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[TSP_Strategy] Re: Zweig's Combined Super Model

 

Hi,

Sorry that I have been busy with other things this year. However,I am replying to the table of March 19. A Super Model value of 6 points or more is a buy. A value of 5 points is neutral and therefore not a buy. A value of 3 or lower is a sell.

Admittedly, I do not use the 4% technical model. I did not use the Zweig Model seriously until I developed a technical indicator in the last several years that I could verify and trust. However it is a several-month trend, which is generally longer-term than the Zweig 4% indicator.

In addition, quantitative tightening is still in operation and is not due to cease until near the end of the year, as I remember. This has the effect of lowering Zweig's Fed indicator by 1 point. The monetary model nevertheless remains at 1 point.

With my technical indicator, the Super Model fell to 3 points in October of 2018 and has not yet risen to 6 points. So the Zweig Model is still technically on a sell signal.

Zweig (see P. 106 of the first edition, 1986) uses the Super Model as a binary indicator: 100% invested with a buy rating and 0% invested on a sell rating. So a 65% invested position is entirely a modification of the particular investor.

So far my technical indicator has stubbornly remained at neutral since March and so gives a Zweig trend indicator that remains as a sell.

As usual, people develop their own variations on a particular investing method.

Note also that over my pre-retirement lifetime, I was always close to 100% invested in stocks. Actually I am still invested around 50% in stocks. However, as a retiree, I have forced myself to be risk averse, and moved all of my TSP into the G fund during 2018. The Zweig Super Model Sell in October therefore kept me from trading with the TSP since then.

Hope that this helps. Again, Zweig certainly allowed for the user to modify his rules for applying the model.

Good luck,
Tex




__._,_.___

Posted by: mrweyl@hotmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [TSP_Strategy] Re: Zweig's Combined Super Model. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/05/tspstrategy-re-zweigs-combined-super.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[TSP_Strategy] Re: Zweig's Combined Super Model"

Post a Comment