Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [LeadersWorkshop] ~~~~~~~~~..Attitudes..!!!.Its your choice.!!.B.+VE.

 

Thank you very much dear Mr. Deshpande....I get inspired
 
thanks !!

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Rajendra Deshpande <rajuixu@yahoo.com> wrote:
 



It's the Attitude rather than the Aptitude which
helps us reach the Altitude.

Attitude is everything in life. It's a state of your mind at which impossible is nothing. Your mind releases abundance of energy and strength in your body to achieve anything that you desire.

Having a right attitude is not an easy task. Many people spend years gaining the right attitude. They end up reading self help material and attend seminars, it works for them for the first few months and then they are back to where they started from. Why does this happen? Reasons are many, personal and psychological. I would like to touch base on the psychological reasons.

Psychological reasons why attitude training does not work

1. Recent Failure
For some failure is the end of road and for some it's a new beginning, it's how you look at failure. When things go wrong, we start to blame ourselves and other people. That is why we lose our positive attitude. If we start to think that the failure was for our good and may be the forces of universe wanted us to learn an essential lesson before achieving success, then we are thinking from a positive frame of mind.

Read this article to help you on "How to overcome failure in life"

2. Loss of Focus.
This happens to many people. We aim for something and then we lose focus. Could be that we have something else that is interesting to achieve or we don't find our goals interesting any more. Therefore, if we don't find anything interesting to achieve, no matter how hard we try using our positive attitude, we aren't going anywhere.

Read this article to help you in "Achieving goals in 5 disciplined steps"

3. Procrastination.

This is the number one killer of positive attitude. The more you procrastinate, higher the risk of losing your self-esteem. With low self-esteem it is not possible to set a positive attitude. Take up a diary and jot down all the tasks that you have to do and allocate sufficient time for it to be done and remember to always plan your week instead of just the day.

As a follow up to this article I am in the middle of writing a guide on Time management. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive an update when the guide is released online.

Above were the psychological reasons why our positive attitude training fails. We are all humans and in recent times with pressure from our clients, bosses and home we have an urgent need to perform and achieve. Only a right and positive attitude can help you to achieve your goals and desires. Having a positive attitude not only helps you grow, but also helps you emit positive energy thus making you more likable.


Following are some tips to help you achieve positive attitude:

1. Always have presence of mind.
Having presence of mind always helps you know how you feel as you can actively know the thoughts that come to you. People who don't always remain mentally present get into the mode where negative thoughts start occurring and they get deeply immersed into it. With presence of mind a person can know when such negative thoughts occur and can take actions to over power it.

Always remaining in presence of mind is not an easy task. It is difficult; but achievable. You can achieve this by way of meditation. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated when the article on Meditation will be released online.

2. Think and be Positive.
To think positive, you must speak positive. Speaking negatively has a chain reaction on your mind. Try to stay away from negative people. The more you stay with them; chances are that you will be like them. If you have a desire to score good marks or get through a MBA college, associate with friends who have a similar goal and positive attitude. Never associate with people who will tell you how difficult it is. Therefore to remain positive, try to look for surroundings that nurture positive behavior.

3. Affirmation
In the words of Stephen Covey (Author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People), a good affirmation has five basic ingredients: it's personal, it's positive, it's present tense, it's visual and it's emotional.

Writing affirmations and reading them over and over again, will help you achieve positive attitude. Some examples of positive affirmations are:

1. Every day in every way I am better and better.
2. I am now awakening the genius within me.
3. I have a perfectly healthy body and mind.

4. Visualize Success.
Visualize your success. I haven't enjoyed any feeling as much as I have enjoyed the feeling of visualizing being successful. If you desire to buy a good car, a house or wish to get selected for a job, start with preparing for your goal and follow your preparation with visualization. Visualize your goal in every detail as possible. If you wish to buy a car, then visualize yourself driving the car. Visualize every single detail; visualize the dash board, the interiors, the speed, the music system, etc. If you desire to get selected for a job, visualize that your interview has been successful, visualize you getting the offer letter, being introduced in the organization, etc. 


5. Meditate
Meditation helps you in many ways to embrace positive attitude. If not only helps you calm your body and soul, but also releases substances and chemicals within your body which make you feel happy. By making it a habit to meditate you start remaining happy. My experience shows that negative thoughts cannot invade a happy mind. Many CDs, books and articles are available to help you how to meditate. But in this time crunched world where we don't have time to even meet family members investing time in lengthy meditation process is an issue. I am planning to release a 10 minute meditation guide with techniques that I personally follow to meditate. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated when the article on Meditation will be released online.

6. Always smile and be happy
No matter what the circumstances you must always be happy and keep smiling. I know you have a question of "How can a person always be happy and keep smiling?". The answer is very simple. Whatever happens is for your own good and God along knows why He did what He did. If you keep this in mind, then nothing can take away your happiness. If you leave everything onto Him and only concentrate on doing hard work, you will start to accept anything that comes your way (success or failure). If you accept everything that God gives you, you will always remain happy. This concept is a little difficult to digest initially, but this was an advice once given by an elderly mentor which has changed my life completely. Only concentrate on hard work in the right direction. The result will always follow. So don't worry, be happy… and don't forget to smile.

Quotes on Attitude

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing."
Abraham Lincoln

"Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun."
Colleen C. Barrett

"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen."
Frank Lloyd Wright

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
Helen Keller

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Alva Edison

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
Thomas Jefferson

"The greatest discovery of our generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. As you think, so shall you be."
William James


An interesting story on Attitude

Jerry is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!" He was a unique manager because he had several waiters who had followed him around from restaurant to restaurant. The reason the waiters followed Jerry was because of his attitude. He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and asked him, I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?" Jerry replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.
 
 "Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested. "Yes it is," Jerry said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live life."

I reflected on what Jerry said. Soon thereafter, I left the restaurant industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that Jerry did something you are never supposed to do in a restaurant business: he left the back door open one morning and was held up at gunpoint by three armed robbers. While trying to open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness, slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Jerry was found relatively quickly and rushed to the local trauma center.



After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Jerry was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body. I saw Jerry about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins. Wanna see my scars?" I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place. "the first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door," Jerry replied. "Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

Jerry continued, "...The paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a deadman'. I knew I needed to take action." "What did you do?" I asked. "Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said Jerry. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes' I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets!' Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead'." Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. Attitude, after all, is everything.

If you already have friends who you think need help in having a positive attitude, then I would recommend that you share this article with your friends
 
 
Rajendra.Deshpande.
Trainer.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




--
priyanka manjari

May I know the fulfilment of making all that I touch, joyful.....

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Shabbar Suterwala's Leaders Worksop "Key to Your Success"
visit us at www.shabbarsuterwala.com
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [LeadersWorkshop] ~~~~~~~~~..Attitudes..!!!.Its your choice.!!.B.+VE.. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/07/re-leadersworkshop-attitudesits-your.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [LeadersWorkshop] ~~~~~~~~~..Attitudes..!!!.Its your choice.!!.B.+VE."

Post a Comment