Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] New to the group , would like some friendly suggestions

 

Mike; appreciate the insight whole-assedly.  I'm about to retire and started TSP in my 30's.  I'm the guy who wants to buy NVDA when it's at $32, or all the pot stocks prior to Colorado legalizing....but never had the guts to, I thank my lucky stars that I stuck it in TSP in the 90's and ignored it.  I'm apprehensive about all the I fund talk.... sticking to the basics.
Ben
Michigan

On Friday, December 29, 2017, 3:23:50 PM EST, Mike VanAmburgh mjv325@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I just saw Sarah's reply about L Funds. I didn't see that before replying, so don't think I was trying to going against what she was saying haha. Either way is fine but if you're willing to accept the risk, I would stay with all equities (CSI). 

The TSP site explains the L funds with a pie chart of how they're comprised... Here is a direct link for the L2050 but you'll see tabs there that show the other L funds. https://www.tsp.gov/InvestmentFunds/FundOptions/fundPerformance_L2050.html

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go! I envy you for getting serious about investing at such an early age. When I was active duty, there wasn't a good general attitude about the TSP so I just kinda ignored it and half-assedly (is that a word?) invested in other things. If I had started the TSP at an earlier age, I'd be much better off now. 

Mike

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:15 PM, anthony alvarado antjones6691@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Thank you mike I most certainly appreciate your advice. I figure since I'm 26 I might as well try to be a aggressive as I can now. 


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, December 29, 2017, 13:34, Mike VanAmburgh mjv325@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi Anthony, sounds like you've received some excellent advice for your distribution. Some might say to keep some in G and F but since you're young, I think it's smart to go all equity funds (C, S, I). I think I'd even the C and S out a bit but I still think you're fine where you're at. I'm 45 and still in all equities.

If you prefer not to have any money in G or F, don't do the L funds. They all have a certain percentage of G and F, with the L2050 having less (but still a combined 16% G/F). It's all about how much risk you're willing to take. Some people are very risk averse and keep everything in G, which works for them. On the other side, many of us prefer to be all equities to maximize gains. Sure the market will drop sometimes and it sucks to see your account value drop, but it eventually rebounds. The value of your account drops, but your #shares will not drop. Don't panic and don't sell during a downturn! That's when people lose out by selling their shares at a much lower price than they bought them for. You just have to stay the course and enjoy the cheap shares you're buying while the market is down. Speaking of that, do you have your current distribution the same as your contribution allocations?

Mike


On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM, antjones6691@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone for accepting me into this amazing group. I'm a young SGT who's only had a TSP for 6 years now but until recently only had my money in the G fund with hardly any gains. Until maybe 3 months ago I have been more active with my TSP account with getting the some advise from my higher ups and now moving money in to different funds . I currently have 50% in C fund 25% in S fund and 25% in I fund. My question is should I keep it this way for now or completely switch it to the S fund or the I fund ?

Thank you ,
Anthony



__._,_.___

Posted by: Ben Alexander <zbenj56@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] New to the group , would like some friendly suggestions. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/12/re-tspstrategy-new-to-group-would-like_81.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] New to the group , would like some friendly suggestions"

Post a Comment