Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

[LeadersWorkshop] Follow your dream - A nice anecdote

 

Follow your dream.

It all goes back to a story about a young man called Monty who was the son of a horse trainer who would go from stable to stable, race track to race track, training horses. As a result, the boy`s high school career was continually interrupted. In senior school, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted to be when he grew up.

"He wrote a seven page paper describing his goal owning a 200 acre horse ranch – with diagrams of buildings, stables, and tracks. He even drew a floor plan for a 4000 sq.ft house that would sit on the ranch."

" He put his heart into the project and handed it in to his teacher. Two days later, he received his paper back with a large red `F' and a note that read, `See me after class '. The boy asked the teacher about the `F' he received.

" The teacher said, `This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy, who has no money or resources. Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money, you have to buy land, pay for breeding stock and later pay large stud fees. There`s no way you can ever do it'. The teacher added, `If you rewrite this paper with a realistic goal, I will reconsider your grade'.

He stated, " You can keep the `F'. I will keep my dream. Monty turned to the group and said, " I am telling this story because you are sitting in my 4000 sq. ft house, in my 200 acre ranch. That school paper is framed over the fireplace". He added, " Two summers ago, that same school teacher brought 30 kids to camp on my ranch for a week. When the teacher was leaving, he said, `Look, Monty, when I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During those years, I stole a lot of kid`s dreams. I thought I was teaching them to be practical. Fortunately you had enough gumption not to give up on yours".

Monty then turned to the gathering once again and said with as much feeling and emotion that he could muster: "Follow your heart, no matter what".

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Shabbar Suterwala's Leaders Worksop "Key to Your Success"
visit us at www.shabbarsuterwala.com
.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul [LeadersWorkshop] Follow your dream - A nice anecdote. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/06/leadersworkshop-follow-your-dream-nice.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "[LeadersWorkshop] Follow your dream - A nice anecdote"

Post a Comment