Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] tsp website

here are 20 years of S, C, I, F, G funds plotted on a graph

the G fund is like cash stored in a desk,
the F fund is almost as bad
the I fund has gains
the S & C funds have nice gains

there are 3 linear regression lines plotted on the S C and I fund returns
the S & C pretty similar gain wise

It seems like it took about 4-5 years to recover from the 2008 recession
I'm personally 100% in C fund and we were 2 commas also after 20 years of maxing out our TSP's

Inline image


On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 03:38:05 PM EDT, John via groups.io <johnlomack=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


IMHO
L funds put too much into F & G, diluting the gains.  

I told all my new co-workers before I retired to just put it all in S and don't look at it.  Over a long period, that's where the biggest gains are.

I weathered the drops from '99 through '22 and ended up in the two-comma club.  Had I not got nervous and jumped out at a couple of times, I would have $200,000  more.  I maxed out contributions as soon as I could afford it and catch-up as well. (Homemaker spouse and put one kid through college w/o student loans)
My only regret is not doing Roth. In a few years, the RMD will kill me on taxes.  I'm looking at a Roth conversion, but unfortunately can't do that within TSP.

Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] tsp website. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2023/08/re-tspstrategy-tsp-website_4.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] tsp website"

Post a Comment