Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] TSP Roll Over Advice?

thanks for pointing out SWVXX

On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 12:02:25 PM EDT, TSP Guru via groups.io <tspguru=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


I retired at the end of 2018.  In February of this I finally got fed up enough with the TSP to roll over my entire TSP account to a traditional IRA at TD Ameritrade (which is where I have had a Roth IRA and taxable trading account for over 20 years).  It took about 3 weeks, but it could have been 2 weeks...I slowed it down in order to collect one last monthly installment payment on 2/15, then I initiated the rollover.  Just make sure to set up your IRA first, then you have to input the account number and address of the brokerage into your TSP account, and it has to be there for 5 days (another stupid rule) before you can initiate to have them to send a check to your brokerage.  So it's 5 days for that account number and address, then about 5 days to get the check to the broker.  
As soon as the funds arrived at TD Ameritrade (which will soon be Charles Schwab, and I'm convinced that brokerage is among the safest out there) I moved the funds into SWVXX, Schwab's money market fund which is currently earning 4.87%, better than the G fund...I did that since I was on a Caribbean cruise (I actually did while sitting on the balcony of our cruise ship cabin!) and had further plans when we got home...at that point, mid-March, I set up an income portfolio of 50 high dividend stocks/equities using Rida Morwa's High Dividends Opportunities service on SeekingAlpha.com.  I love that service, they're so thorough in their investigation and laying out a diversified portfolio of choices for you. 
I'm now earning a dividend yield of 10.76% on my IRA.  I take out about 75% of the dividends monthly (which works out to the same amount I was taking from my TSP monthly), and invest the other 25% in those 50 equities in order to keep growing it forever.  
I'm so happy to be rid of the TSP forever.  
My only worry would be if Congress actually allows a full default on the U.S. debt.  That would pretty much destroy the financial system and leave everyone broke, so I hope they're not actually that stupid...but many of them are unfortunately, they just don't get it. 
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] TSP Roll Over Advice?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2023/05/re-tspstrategy-tsp-roll-over-advice_63.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] TSP Roll Over Advice?"

Post a Comment