Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?

 

Can you tell us the general idea of that interesting article, I never got a thing out of it lol.




From: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Gary tweet_pa@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:05 PM
To: del brett bretdelman@msn.com [TSP_Strategy]
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?
 
 

Interesting article:

wallethacks.com
Investing is simple. (no that's not the shocking fact) Make regular contributions into an index fund, ensure that you are diversified, wait, and shift into more ...

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Aug 27, 2016 7:33 PM, "del brett bretdelman@msn.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

       With the buy and hold or bet and hope there is pretty much a fact, you are going to make money unless things change.   If you

happen to be lucky and get out of stocks and get back in stocks at the correct times you can make more money.   I made a profit of over

a quarter million in the tsp using the buy and hold and doubt that would of happened In the G or F fund or trying to time the market

by moving the money around.    I had a goal of having a million in tsp by the time I started withdraws and I doubt that is going to happen

since the economy has not been that good in the last 10 years in my opinion.  If I could have total gains of 100% in the next 12 years, the million could happen.

I don't think the average person needs any real help or smart moves or energetic effort to have a great tsp success.  So do you think buy and hold

of individual stocks or mutual funds will work, had a great success doing that also and spending the dividends and increasing my net worth most years.




From: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Ray Quick mercuray1@gmail.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 10:12 AM
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?
 
 

Set and forget / buy & hold is the same as Bet & Hope.
That is not responsible way to manage hard earned assets.
Earning/saving takes smart, energetic efforts and luck. To the degree applied will determine success. 

It is an age old debate with both sides supported by history and many studies. The debate will never convince everyone, because it involves both subjective and objective rationales. So do your best and take your results. 

Do not go it alone. There is plenty of help available.

    Ray Quick  TSP Radar

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:38 PM, John toroboy682000@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Amen, set your asset allocation and re lax


On Aug 25, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Mark Del Pezzo markdelpezzo@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Amen, set your asset allocation and re balance periodically.


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, August 25, 2016, 9:33 AM, Gary tweet_pa@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

That is the reason most advice is to not try to time the market.



On 8/25/2016 8:43 AM, KC Will kcwill64114@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy] wrote:
 
I'm starting to think that staying in the S fund at all times is the best.

I made the switch to F with the group around the April timeframe but then in June, I went back to S Fund.  Using my number of shares, as of June, as a comparison, I have about $6,000 more dollars with the S Fund than if I had stayed in F.  Sadly before leaving the S fund originally back in April, I actually had about 500 more shares of S Fund than I do now.  I lost those shares when I sold and then bought back.  If I had never left S in the first place, I would have about $20,000 more dollars than if I have now.   At least I am still ahead than if I had stayed in F but I will be a bit more hesitant in the future to leave S.



From: "meco_man@yahoo.com [TSP_Strategy]" <TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com>
To: TSP_Strategy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:57 PM
Subject: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?

 
Hello everyone when the group made the jump to the F I missed the move and therefore stayed in the S fund.  The market has been doing pretty good for the S thus far but we are nearing the whole election time and I see the market took a little dive today.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the next move? Don't want to loose all that nice gain I made.  Thanks




__._,_.___

Posted by: del brett <bretdelman@msn.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Neither the TSP Strategy group, nor individual members, are licensed or authorized to provide investment advice. Any statements made herein merely reflect the personal opinions of the individual group member. Please make your own investment decisions based upon your personal circumstances.

.

__,_._,___
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2016/08/re-tspstrategy-what-to-do_93.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSP_Strategy] What to do?"

Post a Comment