Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -

Disagree, the TSP is ran by federal employees but the Treasury Secretary will NEVER take extraordinary measures, you must be smokin something!

From: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io> on behalf of judd <judd@ionsky.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2022 7:44 AM
To: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -
 
Dave is correct Del Brett...the TSP, in particular the G Fund I believe, is the funding source of last resort.  When the debt limit gets reached and the Treasury Secretary starts talking in terms of "...extraordinary measures..." it means the Treasury Secretary is literally raiding the TSP to fund daily operations.

I had a previous employer who set up a false 401K account, even brought in a local brokerage to sell investing in it to us (no matching which is why I didn't participate but a lot of others did).  The money people had been putting in their "401Ks" had just been put in a bank account, the brokerage had never had 401K funds placed with them.  The company had even created false statements to make it look like people had money in the brokerage!  When the company's Venture Capital funds ran out the false accounts were used to pay the first few people to get to the bank their last paychecks.  Out of a company of 95 people only about a dozen got their last paychecks paid.  They owed me $10K in pay, vacation, and travel expenses.  I rode my motorcycle down the Boulder Pearl Street Pedestrian Mall straight to the bank and was the first one there to cash my check.  I stood there and watched people literally come in and get their cash until the teller started telling people the account had been depleted!  The CFO ended up wearing Federal Camper Inmate Green.  THAT was my final straw which drove me to go to work for the people that print the money!

I doubt we'll ever see Janet bunking with Martha!

As for TSP, when I retire, I plan on pulling all of it out, putting it all in my E-Trade and Schwab IRA and Roth accounts, and investing in a class of high-dividend paying stocks known as BDCs (Business Development Corporations...research them...there are only about 3 dozen of them and they are the best kept investing secret I know of).  The fees for ETFs are so high they actually degrade the value of the ETF over time and Mutual Fund returns typically can't compare to BDCs.

If you live in a state like Oregon (I used to...lived in Hillsboro...worked for Mama Tek...hung out at Dr. Feelgood's) just get the hell out after retiring but before withdrawing.

The ONLY reason I'm still investing in the TSP right now is I can put almost 3.5 times more money in my TSP Roth account than I can in a privately managed Roth.

 

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 19:23:53 -0800, "Dave in Dallas" <datruedave+GroupsIO@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 11:35 AM, Del Brett wrote:
TSP has very little to do with the Federal Government, in my opinion!   Not like the government can get money out of TSP like government tax money we all pay in. 
Wait, are you trying to say that the federal government hasn't borrowed money from the TSP already?  Didn't it do that in 2017 and 2021?  Sure, the accounting was maintained and investors made whole, but to say the government can't do it is a bit naive (and wildly inaccurate).
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2022/12/re-tspstrategy-rollover-to-ira-from-tsp_76.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -"

Post a Comment