Leaders Workshop

Soft Skills Development & Training

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -

The new system is horrible.

When the new system was first stood up I went online to pull up my past 12 months of inter-fund transfer history.  To my SHOCK this information was not and is not available.  Two months ago the same problem existed - no historical data. 

(Over the past 12 months I slowly moved funds for the equity funds to the G Fund. I would like to monitor my  re-entry price points.)

 In response to the lack of data I called and spoke with a representative.   I was told that TSP would send me the data I requested on my account. Months later I am still waiting for the data. 

If this crappy service happened at Wells Fargo you know that some congressional committee would demand a solution from the bank leadership. 

Has any one else had a similar experience?????


On Dec 26, 2022, at 1:43 PM, MD2018 via groups.io <rlkane.wc=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:


My funds are still in TSP but was considering moving in the future to Vanguard. VG does give you move more fund types to choose from, but for comparison it looks like only the Index 500 at VG compares well with C fund. TSP wins in the other funds. 

VG 500 Index Admiral expense ratio is 0.04%(compares with C fund expense 0.042% + invest exp of 0.001%)
VG Federal Money Market fund expense ratio is 0.11% (compares with G fund expense 0.043%)
VG Extended Market Index expense ratio 0.34% (compares with S fund expense 0.043% + invest exp of 0.016%
VG Total Bond Fund Index expense ratio is 0.05% (compares with F fund expense 0.043%+ invest exp of 0.015%

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 01:05:15 PM EST, Sherry Bauer <sherry.bauer@gmail.com> wrote:


I was glad to see this reply from you.  I've often thought the same thing.  Once you deduct those fees from brokerage places, your earnings go down considerably.  I've been retired for 10 years and wouldn't even think of moving my money out of TSP.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022, 10:40 AM Del Brett <bretdelman@msn.com> wrote:
Been investing in TSP and lots of other places for years and you won't find a better deal than TSP in the long run for yearly fees and the other side of the TSP fence looks greener at times but its not!   Would dare you to show its better other places with Proof lol not going to happen as no one beats the fees even though people try to say they do.  Lots of new options are opening at TSP not saying they are a better deal.  Nothing is different at TSP when you retire other than you don't add your own money.  You are completely wrong on everything lol.


From: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io> on behalf of ShaneBro via groups.io <s.guy75=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2022 8:54 AM
To: TSPStrategy@groups.io <TSPStrategy@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -
 
Once retired, TSP is an inefficient nightmare designed to make your life as complicated as possible.  Its a roach motel with few options and they don't want U to leave and have better opportunities elsewhere.

On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 09:09:25 AM EST, Mermaid <mermaid99521@gmail.com> wrote:


Looking into moving 401K out of TSP to a self directed IRA and I am surprised of the method of which the money is delivered to the brokerage.... by USPS.  They will not even overnight the check.  Simple USPS from what I am told when I call TSP support.  Has anyone had experience with an in kind rollover to another brokerage.  Thank you.
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori dengan judul Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL https://1stleadershipworkshop.blogspot.com/2022/12/re-tspstrategy-rollover-to-ira-from-tsp_33.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Andriansyah -

Belum ada komentar untuk "Re: [TSPStrategy] Rollover to IRA from TSP -"

Post a Comment